We made it to Arizona. Finally.
We made a brief stop in Vegas and went to a buffet looking uber-classy.
Everyone else around us were wearing sparkling dresses and clean ironed shirts, so of course we didn't stand out when I forgot my soccer shorts didn't have pockets and stuck my phone in my bra.
I didn't have any other choice.
A few other highlights included
- "Lucy", our 2005 Chevy coupe reaching 73,000 miles!
- Seeing a guy running in the middle of nowhere running with a baton being escorted by a cop car. Jake and I both called each other at the same time and he answering with "...what the crap did we just see?"
- Driving for an hour in only desert, seeing another random guy walking and being in the middle of desert for another two hours.*
- Forgetting to put my gas cap/shutting the gas door when leaving the gas station. Jake saw it just before pulling out onto the road so we avoided that catastrophe.
- Getting our rental car (to put the rest of our stuff in) for two days for only $70! They didn't even have a drop fee for returning in another state.
** If I had more room in the car and wasn't a little afraid of ending up dead on the side of the road, I would have picked him up and help him out. However, I watch too many movies and have some common sense.