Friday, November 12, 2010

Island Fever. Burnt out of school. Late night.

I cannot stress enough how over school I am. I'm over school and I am feeling very Island Feverish. Not a good combination.

I'm done.

I am done.

I am so done.

Let me tell you why;
1. I am retaking my two hardest classes over because the credits were not accepted by BYU-H. 
2. I do not like mornings and 7 o' clock classes force me to go to school in "comfy clothes", no makeup, and usually my hair in a pony tail. 
3. I would like to buy some home items that I can actually keep after I graduate.
4. I want to keep the 12 pack of cups we had to buy tonight from Wal-Mart because one of our provided cups was broken and we would rather spend $9.21 on 12 than $20 for the one that was broken.
5. I miss my baby, Lucy. AKA a normal car. With a working radio. That accelerates when I want it to. Is not covered in sand in the inside and rust on the outside. Has interior. Does not smell like sea salty moldiness. *sigh*
6. I miss getting visits. Last week my aunt and uncle were on the island and took Jake I out to lunch. It felt so good to see them! 
*Someone come visit us. Spice up my life! We'll even give up our bed to you. Please... I'm going insane seeing the same 12 people over and over and over and over again each and every day!*
7. I want to show off where I live to family and friends. How I've decorated my house, etc.
8. I would like to be able to go out to dinner/lunch and have more than two options that aren't an hour away.
9. I would like to go to Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, ANYWHERE that is not an hour away in good traffic.
10. I actually miss winter. 
11. My brain constantly hurts from trying to memorize too much for too many classes.
12. Not paying $6.50 for a box of cereal and then another $4 for the milk to go in it.
13. Finding guacamole at a store on a regular basis... oh guac and avocados how I miss you so!
14. I miss traffic lights. Laie is a small small town... more like a village actually.
15. Driving at a speed over 35 on the highway.
16. Thanksgiving is going to be weird. Oh how I wish I had a private jet on hand.
17. I don't like it when Jake goes to Chicago for a week every month. Although I do sleep better when he's not in the same bed as me (Sorry, but it's true! I swear he's trying to direct traffic when he sleeps!) it is rather lonely to fall asleep by myself when I'm used to his limbs taking over the bed. I will be so happy when this project is over.
Although there are so many reasons I can't wait to go back to the mainland for Christmas and summer there are things here that I will miss, too.

1. The beach.
2. Living on the beach.
3. Being able to go grocery shopping barefoot and in a bathing suit and no one cares.
4. Going to school looking like I just rolled out of bed and no one cares.
5. Not wearing makeup (I'm sure I'll continue that trend, actually).
6. Random rain showers that suddenly stop.
7.  Changing from one swimsuit to the other just to get dry.

I'm sure I will get a taste of the life I am used to and be relieved to come back but for now... Whew!

Please excuse me...I should get back to my 2 papers and endless studying of my passion that is slowly killing and making me despise it ever so much.

2 comments:

  1. Aw yes, of how I remember this time of life when school is really, really hard! Oh wait, I am still there! Don't worry Erica, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. When you graduate, you will look back and be grateful for all the times you spent at BYU-H. We are all proud of the work you are doing there. Keep it up! I love you little toot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You miss winter? You have never had winter. You grew up in Arizona and went to college in Hawaii! Come home to us in Nevada. It was 15 degrees last night and the high is 34!!! We will hope to share real winter with you when you come for a visit in February. We will have the hot cocoa ready:)
    Nevada Mom

    ReplyDelete