I frequently get the question "So how is married life?!" Well... to give you an idea, here are some of my favorite highlights from the last few days:
1. Looking like a domestic violence victim after my husband rubs his prickly, unshaven face on mine.
2. Watching my husband flex in front of the mirror and then listening to him brag about his 37 pull ups... ahem excuse me. Chin ups.
3. Watching a few episodes of The Office every night in bed and singing the them song as loud as we can.
4. Coming home from work and Jake showing me his "crustacean trap" he spent an hour making. And which he now checks rather frequently (no luck so far).
5. Becoming a chef at Surfin' Tacos. Okay, more like a line cook that puts the most beautiful dollops of sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole on the side of Mexican food.
6. Watching Jake cook dinner, biscuits and gravy, in a flowered apron.
7. Having my oh-so-loving-husband lick my face while pinning me down, then threatening to push me off the couch.
8. Discussing with Jake about Nissan X-terras, Pathfinders, and other various SUV's and trucks.
9. Being paranoid about getting pregnant; hence telling Jake every time I get hot or tired that I'm pretty sure I am (and in honor of my mother-in-law Alexis, our first daughter will be named Jessica).
10. Having to listen to Jake sing or play "Afternoon Delight" every 28 seconds.
11. Watching Jake rock out on his acoustic guitar to Pachelbel's Cannon in D... in his underwear.(note from Jake: Erica originally spelled Pachelbel ...Paco Bell.....luckily I corrected her)
12. Insisting that we go to town to see a movie, but then not wanting to go after eating a "quick bowl of cereal before we leave".
13. Listening to the door move because of the wind. SO much creepier in real life. In the middle of the night.
14. Almost being asleep and then feeling Jake twitch his whole body jolting the entire bed.
15. Moving to the couch because my husband doesn't know how to sleep still.
16. "Convincing" Jake into running strange intervals of speeds to help me get lab results for my Exercise Physiology class.
17. Rolling over in the morning to have a piece of gum put in my mouth... not by choice either!
18. Turning on my camera and realizing that it is full due to all the videos of Jake and friends surfing... because of course no two look the same.
19. Forgetting to brush my teeth and put on a bra before I rushed out the door for a doctor appointment this morning.
And probably my favorite
20. Using Jake's deodorant and toothbrush... I ran out of deodorant that morning and the batteries in my toothbrush are dead! Whatever... we're married.
So much more has happened as well but we'll keep the list down to 20.