A week ago today, I was asked to do one of the things I am most afraid of. Falling into second place right after claustrophobia, like most people, I am terrified of speaking in public. A few things happen when I get nervous. Let me explain them as clearly as possible;
1. My stomach gets upset and I puke... yup! Think Princess Diaries.
2. I get wobbley and have to steady myself.
3. I get emotional and cry over everything.
4. I ramble about random things.
5. I talk really fast. No. You don't get it... Super fast. Or. I over compensate and talk too slowly
6. Cannot remember what I was supposed to be talking about and lose my train (I don't know...) of thought.
So... in 9 short hours, I will stand up in front of my ward and give a talk in which I will try not to vomit in front of everyone, stand up kinda straight, cry, have people wonder why I'm talking about something completely different than my subject, try to speak at a normal rate, and hopefully remember what those stupid bullet points meant that I scribbled on a sheet of paper.
Wish me luck, pray a LOT, and hope that everyone in church falls asleep before it is my turn to speak.