Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rest In Peace

At the beginning of the semester Jake saw an advertisement for a Coke cup that McDonald's was giving out with the order of a large Value Meal. You know, those scams where you upgrade to way more food than you actually need for a small tricket or other piece of crap.

The next day, we drove on over and upgraded so that we could be the proud owners of a Coca Cola glass cup.


I think it was the best day of his life. Since we got that cup, he would not drink out of anything else (unless it was dirty, then he settled for a regular one). It was like a security blanket that helped him drink milk with Oreo's. 

And then it happened...

I was doing the dishes one night and had just put it on the drying rack when I opened the drawer below it and out of no where the cup became a gymnast and flipped through the air landing on the rug and shattering all over the kitchen. I watched it in slow motion but knew there was nothing I could do to save this precious keepsake.

And she sticks the landing...


He heard the shatter and looked over from the couch. And that face... he made that face that says
 I-am-so-sad-about-this-but-I-don't-want-you-to-feel-bad-so-I'll-pretend-like-it's-okay. I felt so bad.

And now that glass-friend of his buried in the landfill to stay.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaa....Jake is such a good sport. And clearly it wasn't sure fault! The glass was a gymnast! I love your story telling! :)

    ReplyDelete