Thursday, June 2, 2011

Renters forever?


Memorial Day, Jake and I had work off. So we took this opportunity to go looking at model homes. We've been looking online at houses for sale in different states, but we wanted to get a better idea of what we liked in floor plans, and what prices are like, etc. We started out accidentally looking at luxury homes on Monday and spoiled ourselves. The prices were not bad, but the homes were still bigger than what we're looking for. Plus this is all hypothetical. We obviously aren't planning  on buying anything right now or even know if we will end up in Nevada.

The house hunting made me a little sad, though. We are renters. And then will have to rent again when we move to wherever we end up moving to until we find a house. I've also been really antsy with cheap but nice furniture I've found that we're eventually going to need. For now, however, there is not a whole lot of space to store this and I'd rather not have to rent a truck and transport it. I think we're going to have a hard enough time fitting what we already have in my little car (if, again, we don't end up in Nevada).

For now, I'll just keep on looking forward to when we go house shopping for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment